Officer Complaint

Any person who believes that a law enforcement Officer employed by the City of Edgewater has acted inappropriately or in an unprofessional manner may file a complaint with the Department.

If you want to file a complaint against an officer you should ask to speak to the on-duty supervisor. The supervisor will provide you with a complaint form. You will then be asked to reduce the complaint to writing. The written complaint should indicate the time, date, location, and details of the incident. You will be asked to identify or describe the officer(s) involved, describe the manner in which the officer(s) contacted you and state the address and/or phone number you can be reached at for follow-up investigation and return notification.

Investigations of complaints will be conducted in a thorough and timely manner. The supervisor conducting the investigation will review all complaints received and you will be informed in writing of the conclusion and disposition of the investigation.