- There is nothing as valuable as your time. Our volunteers are an essential part of our program and our efforts on behalf of the animals. The volunteers may work directly with the animals (cleaning, feeding, walking or socializing) or may help with office or computer work. Volunteers are often needed to transport animals or serve during special events like mobile adoptions or fundraisers. Volunteers under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian while volunteering at the shelter. Call us to arrange a quick meeting and tour of the shelter. It is impossible to express how important the volunteers are to our continued work. Wish List
- The following items are always needed at the shelter!
- Laundry Detergent
- Automatic Dishwasher Gel
- Dishwashing Detergent (Dawn etc.)
- Window Cleaners
- Cat Beds
- Towels/Wash Cloths
- Paper Towels
- Cat Food–Purina – hard and soft
- Kitten Food–Purina – hard and soft
- Dog Food–Pedigree – hard and soft
- Make a monetary donation to help us shelter and care for the nearly 1000 unwanted and abandoned animals each year. You may make your donation to:
Edgewater Animal Shelter
PO Box 100
Honor a friend or a loved one with a tribute or memorial gift. A donation may be made in remembrance of a special person or pet. Recognize those that we care for while they are still with us with a tribute gift in their name. Donations may also be made to mark special occasions like birthdays or anniversaries. Letters of acknowledgement are mailed out to those involved to make them aware of your gift. Large memorial or honorarium donations may be made to the building fund.Please click here to view our annual gifts brochure Matching gift programs
- Often employers or organizations are willing to match your donations, making your gift that much more valuable. Double your gift and inspire others to give by taking part in a matching gift program Adopt
- Loving homes are always needed for our great companion animals. Shelter animals make wonderful family members. Let your friends know that we are here and we adopt out healthy, loving, beautiful pets. Spread The Word!
- Link to our website and Facebook page
so more people can find out about our efforts on behalf of the animals.