About Leisure Services
Parent Category: News Postings
Created on Saturday, 10 November 2007 09:16
- Whistle Stop Park-Located at 651 Roberts Road; adjacent to the railroad tracks. Facilities include 4 lighted racquetball courts, 4 lighted tennis courts, restrooms, 2 pavilions, picnic tables, 3 lighted ball fields, playground equipment, concession stand/restrooms, basketball court and skate park.
- Menard-May Park-Located at 413 S. Riverside Drive, at Ocean Avenue, on the Indian River. Facilities include playground equipment, volleyball court, restrooms, pavilion, picnic tables, grills, fishing pier and primitive boat launch.
- George R. Kennedy Memorial Park-Located at 103 N. Riverside Drive, across from Edgewater City Hall, on the Indian River. Facilities include improved boat launching ramps, boat trailer parking, fishing pier, restrooms, free Internet wifi, pavilions and picnic tables.
- Veterans Park-Located at 1811 S. Riverside Drive, at the east end of State Road 442, on the Indian River. Facilities include restrooms, fishing pier and picnic tables.
- Rotary Park-Located at 902 W. Park Avenue. Facilities include a gazebo, pavilion, picnic tables, restrooms, playground equipment, basketball court, walking trail and Dog Park; all under beautiful oak trees.
- Umbrella Tree Park-Located at 1515 Umbrella Tree Drive, in Florida Shores. Amenities include 2 swing sets, half basketball court and play area.
- Lake and Alice Park-Located at the corners of Lake Avenue and Alice Street. Amenities include playground equipment and a picnic table.
- Duck Lake Park-Located at 16th Street and Mango Tree Drive, in Florida Shores. Amenities include a fishing lake and turtles and ducks for nature watching.
- Highland Shores Park-Located on the east side of Riverside Drive, between River View Drive and Dixwood Avenue. This park is a natural area with a beautiful gazebo, located along the bank of the Indian River. Access is provided via the Riverwalk.
- Riverwalk-A scenic, 3.5 mile, handicap accessible walkway meandering along Riverside Drive, parallel to the Indian River. Riverwalk runs from the north city limit to State Road 442.
- Walking Trails/Sidewalks – 30th Street, Mango Tree Dr. along the lake from 30th to 27th and then West on 27th to Travlers Palm, Indian River Blvd. (S.R.442) Park Ave., Ridgewood Ave. and Riverside Dr.
- Hawks Park Recreation Complex-Located at 1108 S. Ridgewood Avenue, at the corner of W. Turgot Avenue. This 41 acre park’s facilities include a 19,000 sq.ft. recreation complex with heated pool, operated by Southeast Volusia Family YMCA, 4 lighted ball fields, conservation area, handicap accessible nature trail, outdoor amphitheater, 3 lighted soccer fields, playground equipment, pavilion and picnic tables. Also included at Hawks Park Recreation Complex:
- Leisure Services Administrative Office, 1108 S. Ridgewood Ave., (386) 424-2485, hours of operation 8 am – 4:30 pm, Mon – Fri, closed holidays
- City Historical Museum, 1108 S. Ridgewood Ave., (386) 424-2486, featuring Timucuan Indian artifacts; mementos of Dr. John Hawks (founder of Hawks Park n.k.a. Edgewater); personal property of Dr. Benjamin Fox, prominent southeast Volusia doctor; artifacts from the Wilkinson family, highlighting one of Edgewater's earliest industries-saw palmetto berry medicine and more. Hours of operation 8 am – 4:30 pm, Mon – Fri, closed holidays
- YMCA, 148 W. Turgot Ave., (386) 409-9622, call for hours of operation. Amenities include fitness center, aerobics room, gymnasium, restrooms with showers and lockers, teen/senior room and heated pool. Please call the YMCA for current program listing. Recreation Programs-In conjunction with partners including YMCA and others, programs include youth baseball, basketball, swimming and soccer adult soccer and kickball and 55+ softball.